Our client is an awesome organisation located in the southern suburbs. They are currently looking for an experienced Estimator to work on various tenders and projects. This role is held in high regard and successful applicant will be reporting to the Managing Director.
You will have experience/knowledge in
- Hands-on knowledge of first principles in estimating, particularly in steel, piping, tank, vessel and plate fabrication and associated site installation works.
- Understanding of technical specifications and codes applicable to tendered items and projects
- Understanding of complete tender submissions.
- Estimate reporting bid / won / lost / pending
- Overseeing or undertaking accurate material take-offs, sourcing subcontractor and suppliers quotes for tender submission.
- Contract review
- Compiling and completing timely tender submissions, for review and issue.
- Identifying and quantifying cost and risk factors.
- Undertaking tender reviews and assessment at pre-tender stage.
- Carrying out internal tender handover meetings of successful tenders of the project team.
- Assisting project managers in the calculation and production of claims.
- Internal reporting requirements
- Implementing and working to the quality management system procedures.
- Significant experience within the resources, oil and gas, infrastructure industries
- Trade Certificate with suitable relevant industry experience prior to commencing estimating.
- Experience in estimating on work in the $5,000 - $5M range
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management (Quantity Surveying/ Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related field);
- Experience in a senior estimating capacity on Structural, Mechanical & Piping (SMP) Fabrication and Construction projects;
- Workshop fabrication estimating experience
- Minimum 5 - 10 years’ in a similar role;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with team members;
- Ability to consistently and reliably meet deadlines;
- Ability to work through processes with a methodical approach with high attention to detail;
If this is a role that might interest you please apply.
For this position, we are seeking candidates who have permanent work authorisation in Australia.
360 Degree Recruitment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only Candidates demonstrating all of the above skills & attributes will be considered and only short listed Candidates will be contacted.
For more information and to apply please contact Patricia Ryan at 360 Degree Recruitment on 08 6111 4629 or click the Apply button below.